Communicatio's Creator

Communicatio's Creator
Tricia Aguirre

Friday, October 3, 2014

Learning Style Results

I feel that I have been a student for much of my life -- and I don't mean a "student of life", although that applies to everyone, I think.  I mean I am a student in the academic sense; one who is always studying, writing essays, or in class.  Although I feel I have this learning thing down, it never hurts to learn more myself.  One never can visit metacognition often enough...

According to NC State University's Index of Learning Styles Questionnaire, these are my learning style scores:

Active/Reflective Learner?  

My score:    3   Active Learner

Sensing/Intuitive Learner?

My Score:   3   Sensing Learner

Visual/Verbal Learner?

My Score:   1   Visual Learner

Sequential/Global Learner?

My Score:   1   Global Learner

Because ALL of my scores were between 1 and 3, the results state that I am, "fairly well balanced on the two dimensions of that scale."  Essentially, I can learn in many different ways which is exciting to know. 

I believe the fact that I can learn in all ways will benefit my students in the future.  If I can learn through most mediums, then I should be able to teach through most mediums, thereby reaching many or most students with multiple teaching strategies. It will hopefully be a win-win situation! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment